I have been working on both programs lately. Following changes have been implemented:
A. Caller Toolbox
- New versions of the Scanner-program, the SD-Caller program and the database browser have been integrated into my program.
- The “shorthand program” (which means you can write SQ4 instead of Square thru 4) has been replaced. The old program is obviously no longer free. Now “Beeftext” is integrated into my program. Beeftext is public domain and works even better than the old program.
- The functionality to take over data from the SD-program has been improved. You now call that function; start SD from there and enter a sequence. As soon as you write this sequence in SD my program takes over and presents that sequence for further handling in my program. You then can store the sequence in my database
- I have created a new website with the Callerlab definitions and their German translation. You find it under http:\\nanninga.myds.me\definition . As described there you can also download and install it as a local webserver (without Internet connection). If you copy the download to the \webserver directory beneath the main program directory there will be a button to start the webserver in the Toolbox. You may also point the Toolbox to any other directory where you copied the webserver download (e.g. “webserver – webserver : c:\webserver\unicontroller.exe”)
- The database functions have been extended: You now can Backup and Restore you databases. Also a database compression is possible.
B. Karaoke for Caller
- The functionality of the Tipmaker has been integrated into the Karaoke for Callers program. Now it is possible to view the sequences in Tipmaker and in parallel work with the music (Patter or Singing).
- Die old Callerlab definitions were removed from the program and are now integrated into the Toolbox program.
C. Combined installation
In future there will be a single installation program only. Both programs will be installed. As I see the Karaoke Player as just another tool that you can use (or not) it is installed regardless wheter you use it or not.