This is a music player I already developed 2005. Since then I permanently worked on it.
The very new idea of this program is to integrate text (lyrics) into the player and let it display the active text-line in sync with the music.
You can read in the history how the program developed.
When I changed to using laptos I searched some time for a solution to display text. Scan and display? I then found a solution to write the text into the mp3 file. It is documented under http://id3.org/Lyrics3v2 . There are not many programs that support this standard – at least none that support callers (and I’m aware of it).
So the implementation in “Karaoke for Callers” is mine – but sticks to this standard. The MP3 files I modify can be played in any player. With the help of a program from Crintsoft (http://www.crintsoft.com/ ) it is even possible to show the lyrics (including from the Windows media player).
This video shows all aspects of the program. You will find following content:
- First time use and the first steps to let the program become alife.
- Loading single calls into the database
- Lading Hoedowns into the database
- Point to directories with SD Vocals, HTML files on the various tabs
- The player for Singing calls and demonstration of Karaoke
- Search and sort files (including search in lyrics)
- The player for Hoedowns
- Usage of playlists; create modify and use playlists
- Show HTML on “flying windows”
- View tips with the tipmaker (reduced version with display only)
- Generate reports for printing
- Caller Diary
Download link: 13 Karaoke Player English.mp4